Monday, January 19, 2009

Randy the Ram "The Wrestler"



So before Christmas my buddy and fellow board artist, John Puglisi, asked if I wanted to go to a free screening of "The Wrestler". Turns out it was the actual premier of the film in Beverly Hills! I just about barfed with glee when Rowdy Roddy Piper, Brutus the Barber Beeefcake, Greg the Hammer Valentine, and even Nature Boy Rick Flair were introduced before the screening. I could name drop all night but the highlight was seeing Slash chilling by the free bar. To prove my story here's a photo of the films director Darren Aronofsky and Jared Leto at the after party. You can clearly see my gut on the right side of the photo. I also did a quick drawing of Randy the Ram in case anyone wants to make an animated version of the film ala "Hulk Hogan's Rock-n-Wrestling." Just kidding. OK... No I'm not.

18 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Mathieu Beaulieu said...

What a great movie!!

I LOVE the way you draw him! It's perfect!!

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Mark aguilar said...

very nice. Instead of posting on the older posts, this comment is for this post and the recent stuff posted. This stuff looks great. Your variances of shapes is pleasing to the eye.

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger jimbodraw said...

Nice one, Ben. I enjoy the simplicity of the design.

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Jorge R. Gutierrez said...

Awesome! I would watch that cartoon until I died.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's a great drawing! The movie was fun. :)

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Todd Oman said...

sweeeeeet!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great character
So did you like the film Ben?

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger santino lascano said...

Just saw the film myself. It was pretty damn good. Mickey was channeling his past for sure. Rad design Ben!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Howard Shum said...

Cool drawing!

You should have hit someone with a steel chair. :)

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Ben Reynolds said...

haha!! WIcked! Great great drawing too dude!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Owen Flanagan said...

That’s fantastic, his face is excellent.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger GeeBee said...

Funny ! : first time I went to work in LA, back in 1985, was to do some model-sheets for "Hulk Hogan Rock 'n Wrestling".
That was a new world for me !
Jean.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Mukpuddy said...

Freakin' awesome dude!! I can't wait for this movie!! So cool you got to see all those old school wrestlers!!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Kyle Marshall said...

love the that drawing!..u nailed Mickey.

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Joe Karg said...

Cool news Ben. That must have been a great experience. That movie was so weighted and amazing.

Peace,
Joe

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger SHANE PRIGMORE said...

Ben ,Your head must have exploded. The Wrestler is awesome and your drawing is AWESOMER!!!I would work on that film in a minute! RAAAAM JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger CMAC said...

dude....
awe
some

loved the movie and love the drawing

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Meesimo said...

Sweet drawing! Looks like a fun screening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home